- Get in your MINI and CLOSE THE DOORS
- Insert your fob if needed, or have your fob ready like you normally start your car
- Do not put your foot on the brake
- Press the start button once if you need to insert your fob to start your car, twice if not
- Allow the vehicle to cycle through its startup routine (not start the engine)
- Press and HOLD the trip reset button until you see the oil symbol
- Press the end of your turn signal stalk until you see reset
- Press the end of your turn signal stalk until you see that it has reset the oil life
Yes, it is simple, but I had a hard time remembering on Buster I needed to press the start button twice while on Lola only once. I also had some brain disorder that made me constantly forget to close the stupid door. Since other how-tos on the subject I see online often leave out one or both of these little nuggets of information, I thought I would post my own instructions here.
I should also mention that I know these instructions work on a lot of MINI models including a 2009 R57 and a 2015 R60, it may work on more models than I have suggested or less. If you find I need to change the years listed to include or exclude certain years, please leave me a comment!